Large signboards on non-residential sites - planning required?

Just to update the outcome....

I complained to Dublin City Council Planning Enforcement about the large ugly red plastic signs put up by Alexandra College in Milltown. They had one big sign on Milltown Road, surrounded by trees and grassland, and one at the Milltown Luas sign, at a nice stone wall.

Nothing much happened till I chased DCC in December. The college then agreed to remove the signs, and I noticed today that the one at Milltown Road is gone, though the frame of the sign is still in place, hopefully temporarily.

hi, now is the time to ask whatever politician who knocks on your door what they can do about it....even though in current economic climate I don't think it's so bad.Everyone struggling to survive even fee paying schools and profitable business.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, now is the time to ask whatever politician who knocks on your door what they can do about it...
I have to disagree - part of the problems in our country is because we expect national politicians to deal with local potholes. Ask them about the economy and banks and the health service, but not about local issues.

In my case , a local councillor who is very involved in our area is currently seeking election. when he called yesterday he gave me an update on a local issue. I already know the party stance . He is not likely to be on front bench so I don't feel there is any problem mentioning local issues in a situation like this. If a party leader or a senior member of party knocked on my door I would ask about more pressing issues....but do not
think this is particularly apt in some cases.

Just to update the outcome....

I complained to Dublin City Council Planning Enforcement about the large ugly red plastic signs put up by Alexandra College in Milltown. They had one big sign on Milltown Road, surrounded by trees and grassland, and one at the Milltown Luas sign, at a nice stone wall.

Nothing much happened till I chased DCC in December. The college then agreed to remove the signs, and I noticed today that the one at Milltown Road is gone, though the frame of the sign is still in place, hopefully temporarily.

When I was younger we used to be concerned about the signs from the girls from Alexandra College...

ONQ.

Back