Laptop repairs

CMK

The screen on my laptop is very unreliable, some days it works, more often it doesnt. It keeps flickering and sometimes it doesnt display at all - though the laptop is turned on. Need someone reliable to fix it for me (Northside Dublin area preferably)

or should i replace it. The laptop is only 3 years old.
Thanks

Same thing was happening to mine a few months ago. Had a guy look at it who said the hard drive was gone. New laptop!

Could also be the backlight...I would check with the Manufacturers and explain that you expected it to last longer than 3yrs and see what they say.

Or see if you can get someone to look at it for you on a no fix no fee basis.

Dont forger that a monotor will plug into the laptop somewhere so it may still be of use to someone.

The screen on my laptop is very unreliable, some days it works, more often it doesnt. It keeps flickering and sometimes it doesnt display at all - though the laptop is turned on. Need someone reliable to fix it for me (Northside Dublin area preferably)

or should i replace it. The laptop is only 3 years old.
Thanks

I'd say loose cable or the backlight.

Depends if it was a €1500 or a €500 laptop and how much the repair is and how much is a replacement

Same thing was happening to mine a few months ago. Had a guy look at it who said the hard drive was gone. New laptop!

That makes no sense. A hard drive is easily replaceable for not much money, and should have no effect on the screen.

Plug the laptop into a monitor, if it works get it fixed. A backlight will cost a couple of hundred euros in PC World. If you have it for 3 years you could get that fixed but chances are battery won't last much longer and then it'll be something else. Take my earlier advice and get a new laptop.

Back