Laptop repair needed, Swords area.

PaddyW

Anyone know of anyone in Swords or close by, who would be able to repair a Toshiba laptop. Namely the pin where you plug in the charger, it's broken off and into the laptop.

Thanks for your help.

Paddy I know you have probably tried but is there any way you can pry it out yourself? You could easily get a new charger. You will pay €100 for anyone to look at it I would estimate. I would exhaust all my own efforts before paying these astronomical charges.

Paddy I know you have probably tried but is there any way you can pry it out yourself? You could easily get a new charger. You will pay €100 for anyone to look at it I would estimate. I would exhaust all my own efforts before paying these astronomical charges.

Hey Gebbel, the charger its self is ok, it's where you plug it into the laptop, that pin, seems to have broken off and fallen into the laptop. I'll give it another go this evening!

paddy, let us know how you get on, Ive the same problem with a laptop at home.

Tried couple of times to open it up but way too many little screws and no matter how many I unscrew the power unit is still away under some other part so I cant remove it.

not really, it works fine when powered on, just unable to power up due to the power pin being broken. sounds like OP has same issue.

exactly car. Gonna give it a shot this evening, but have a feeling I'll encounter the same problems.

Back