lanzarote (car hire and wind surfing board hire)

Ret45

We are going to Lanzarote next week for a week and need to hire a car. Is it better to book online before we go or is it easy to do once we are there.

Also, is it easy to hire out wind surfing boards - where is best?

thanks,
Ret

Re: lanzarote

We got a car in our hotel (Los Fariones). Opel Astra €30 per day - I think the rates were better than online booking in advance. This time of the year is quiet enough.

Car hire - wait 'til you get there. Boards - I don't know about. If you're staying in P del Carmen you probably can hire them somewhere out in Matagorda where surfers etc hang out.

Make sure they include insurance, many quotes are without insurance & if you want cover you have to pay extra.

Used carjet.com on 2 occasions in Lanzarote previously. Was around 160euro for a Peugeot 206 size for a week in Aug/Sept. Full insurance covered - collected at airport on arrival.

At the moment Cabrera Medina have a special offer...Opel Astra for one week at €120.....nothing extra to pay except whatever petrol you use.

hired a car in lanzarote about 10 years ago. behind the lanzarote sol apartments in matagorda. suffice to say the car had plenty of bumps etc when I got it and when I went back into the office to let them know they just said don't worry and when I left it back and was explaining to the car hire person (there would be a different person on duty) she just laughed and said no worries. in portugal the following year they nearly took a magnifying glass to the car. enjoy the driving, its a real pleasure on Lanzarote.

Two weeks ago we rented a Ford Focus at the airport in Lanzarote for a week for €160 from Hertz. Other companies at the airport offered small cars for €100 a week.

There were plenty of boards available too from places such as

Enjoy.

Back