Landscape Gardener - Is this a good quote?

Lambchops

Hi,

I have just received a quote for the following & was wondering if it was reasonable?

All the below is for supply & all labour-
  • Indian sandstone circle - to cover area 12ft x 12ft
  • bamboo to cover the back wall
  • trellis to cover both the side walls
  • 4 large flower beds (with all contemporary plants/grasses) - with brick edging.
  • Removal of a small piece of path- approx 2m x 800mm - Install small patio in its place - Indian sandstone (to match circle). Patio approx 2.7m x 2.7m
  • new turf grass in the middle of the garden
Total cost €3,700. What do you think??:confused:

There have been a few very similar threads recently, right down to the Indian sandstone, use the search facility to find these.
Leo

I think thats a really good quote. Have heard of some extortionate prices, Does that include all materials?

Hi,

I have just received a quote for the following & was wondering if it was reasonable?

All the below is for supply & all labour-
  • Indian sandstone circle - to cover area 12ft x 12ft
  • bamboo to cover the back wall
  • trellis to cover both the side walls
  • 4 large flower beds (with all contemporary plants/grasses) - with brick edging.
  • Removal of a small piece of path- approx 2m x 800mm - Install small patio in its place - Indian sandstone (to match circle). Patio approx 2.7m x 2.7m
  • new turf grass in the middle of the garden
Total cost €3,700. What do you think??:confused:

Ask for an elemental breakdown, also you should give us some indication of area of the back wall, trellis, flower beds and turfed area. Does the price incl. VAT? If so at what rate, it should be 13.50%

Joejoe

That seems a very low price. I already have my indian sandstone patio down since last year and I was quoted almost €6000 a couple of weeks back for just for a raised flowerbed with brick edging around the edge of the garden, some tropical type plants and new turf lawn.

Have you looked at previous work from the landscaper?

Seems like a very fair quote to me, not too cheap which would ring alarm bells. Have they refs.

Thanks for the replys.

Yes, he completed a friends garden and I have gone over and had a good look at that and all looks akay to me. Her garden is tiny and she only had very basic works done but it did include planting and a patio and path.

Yes the Vat is at the correct rate and it includes all materials.

Think that I am going to go with him. He is reasonable cos my friends cost€2,800 and she got a few quotes ranging from €7,000-€10,000 for the same works !!

Could you pm me his number please Lambchops? Will be getting work done in a few months time :)

All I can say is please check out as much as you can about your contractor, I met with mine got a great sales pitch, gave a deposit got a bit of work done and he rung for more money and got it, so far there's more damage than work done and I got bunrt for 8 grand, by a company in Limerick who is also on the Joe Duffy liveline podcast. He is still trading and ripping people off !, so google names/court cases and get references.

Thanks for the replys.

Yes, he completed a friends garden and I have gone over and had a good look at that and all looks akay to me. Her garden is tiny and she only had very basic works done but it did include planting and a patio and path.

Yes the Vat is at the correct rate and it includes all materials.

Think that I am going to go with him. He is reasonable cos my friends cost€2,800 and she got a few quotes ranging from €7,000-€10,000 for the same works !!

Lamchops I would be very grateful if this contractor is in Dublin if you could PM me the contact details. Also if anyone could recommend someone in the Blanchardstown area to do a small garden thats not too expensive???
B

I am in the Blanchardstown area and I have recently got my garden done from a guy whose name I got from this site and I was delighted with it. He is based in Dundalk but will travel to Blanch. The name is Garden and Home and the number is 085 7108080 or 041 9865300 (no affiliation, just a happy customer)

Saying that, the quote the OP got seems excellent to me so might be worth getting a few quotes.

Back