Landmark Forum

Badger

I am considering trying out the landmark forum 3 day course. Does anyone have any experience with it? Worthwhile?

Badger, did you attend the Landmark Forum and how did it go. I see there is one scheduled in Dublin towards end of July and I was also considering it.

Stay away from it. Do a search for landmark education and cult on google and you will get very scary stories.

Have no association with Landmark education but have done Landmark forum ( also 10 week seminar which was free with the course ) and the landmark advanced course. Course is based on living your life in the present moment and not been restricted by your conditioning from the past and creating whatever future you choose.

I would suggest one should read The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle or Practicing the Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle which is along the same lines as Landmark.

The Landmark Forum gives one incredible technology but like everything else it requires practice. One the negative side they need people who have done the course to get others to sign up to the course ( that's the only way of getting otherse to do thecourse), so there is a bit of hard sell.

I am slow to push people to do it after I got a friend to do the course and he was very challenged by it and wanted out after the first day.

But I thought it was excellent and know alot of poeple who think the same.

I realise that thus is a very old thread but I have been invited to attend an introductory seminar of Landmark Education. Is this the same thing as Landmark Forum? Anyone here have any experience of this? I am extremely sceptical but curious.

I realise that thus is a very old thread but I have been invited to attend an introductory seminar of Landmark Education. Is this the same thing as Landmark Forum? Anyone here have any experience of this? I am extremely sceptical but curious.
When I read this;
The Landmark Forum gives one incredible technology
and I see the use of the word 'technology' to describe a technique or method it reminds me of Scientology and my guard goes up.
Werner Erhard, real name Jack Rosenberg, was a Scientologist. Read this for more background. It's a money making Cult.

When I read this;

and I see the use of the word 'technology' to describe a technique or method it reminds me of Scientology and my guard goes up.
Werner Erhard, real name Jack Rosenberg, was a Scientologist. Read this for more background. It's a money making Cult.
Thanks Purple, that was a very interesting read. I think I'll give it a swerve!

Thanks Purple, that was a very interesting read. I think I'll give it a swerve!
My daughter once asked me what the difference was between a religion and a cult.
I said "time". Religions are cults that have been around for a long time. I try to avoid the lot of them.

Back