Landlord Insurance

cremeegg

I have been ringing around for quotes on insurance for a rented property.

Semi d rebuild cost €140,000 with no or minimum contents cover. Best quote is €415, thats €2.96 per thousand insured.

I also received quotes over €700 for the same thing from other insurers. Can anyone tell me if this is reasonable or if I keep going am I likely to find a better price.

try 123.ie, they appear to be the cheapest at the moment.

I was quoted €440 for €200,000 thats €2.20 per thousand with Chill (Zurich).

Why no contents cover?

I was quoted €440 for €200,000 thats €2.20 per thousand with Chill (Zurich).

Why no contents cover?

Because all you are covering is the white goods and furniture in the property. And a lot of people probably consider the value negligible.

Reactions: jim
Because all you are covering is the white goods and furniture in the property. And a lot of people probably consider the value negligible.

I am dealing with a fire claim for a landlord who did not have contents cover.
Between carpets curtains white goods and other furniture he is down €15000
I would highly recommend that you insure the contents.

What is the story with the alarm discount on a rental property? If the tenant doesn't put it the alarm the insurer could refuse to pay out. Is there any point in claiming the alarm discount?

I have been ringing around for quotes on insurance for a rented property.

Semi d rebuild cost €140,000 with no or minimum contents cover. Best quote is €415, thats €2.96 per thousand insured.

I also received quotes over €700 for the same thing from other insurers. Can anyone tell me if this is reasonable or if I keep going am I likely to find a better price.

That sounds excellent to me, but it would wouldn't it as I've little choice in insurance as I have to pay a premium for being abroad. But I did get a new roof out of it not long ago, after a storm one xmas. And a long time ago I nearly enough to pay for chimney repair after it was damaged by going on fire. Insurance companies are very tough to negotiate with nowadays.

Bear in mind your €415 is an allowable expense so depending on your circumstances you are getting it at around €200. God, landlords have it every way don't they ;)

Back