Landcruiser LWB Suitable for 4 children?

Bamhan

My other half can get a very good deal on a 2006 Land Cruiser and wants to buy it.
We will have 4 children in it come January, two smallest in baby seats and older two in boosters.

Does anyone know how suitable they are for transporting children?
Are they easy enough to get in and out of in terms of do you have to flip up seats etc.
Also is there any boot space when four rear seats are in use?

Unless you need a 4 wheel dirve for offroad or towing then I woulds say avoid. will be pricey on fuel tax maintenance everything, each tyre will be 250 for example.

Was in the back setat of one a few years ago all 6 foot of me. Fit in ok but wouldn't likk t be going far.

If both seats in the back used then boot space is very poor.

Should be able to get 3 in the middle though so maybe not too bad.

I had the loan of a LWB one for a while and found it to be very difficult and heavy to manouver.It wasn't the type of motor I would enjoy driving because of its size and it also was a gas guzzler. I would avoid an SUV unless you really needed the capabilities of it but if I had to I think the best for families or 4 kids would be the XC90.

seriously heavy on juice,and a good few of my mates have them and they all say they are no where near as good as the older landcruisers for towing.

Very cumbersome to drive compared to almost any car and not as comfortable especially on country roads, very thirsty also - once the novelty of being up high in a big jeep wears off you will prob regret the purchase

Back