Land of Leather in Administration. I have paid a deposit.

Binomial

A friend put a deposit of €500 on a €1,200 couch a few weeks ago. They were told at that time that there was a two month waiting period.

LoL have phoned them to say that if they pay the balance to the shop tomorrow (Wedensday) they will deliver on Friday.

What should they do? Pay balance by post dated cheque and stop cheque if the goods dont arrive. Pay balance by credit card? Offer to pay cash on delivery.

Any advice would be appreciated.

BiN

Re: Land of Leather: €500 deposit on couch, looking for balance for delivery on Frida

COD sounds best bet

Re: Land of Leather: €500 deposit on couch, looking for balance for delivery on Frida

aren't these guys closed down now? i wouldn't hand over any money until I saw the couch

Pay by credit card.

A friend put a deposit of €500 on a €1,200 couch a few weeks ago. They were told at that time that there was a two month waiting period.

LoL have phoned them to say that if they pay the balance to the shop tomorrow (Wedensday) they will deliver on Friday.

What should they do? Pay balance by post dated cheque and stop cheque if the goods dont arrive. Pay balance by credit card? Offer to pay cash on delivery.

Any advice would be appreciated.

BiN

These guys are gone into receivership in UK now I think, pay by post dated cheque

No. They have gone into administration which is somewhat different than receivership.

As far as I know a post dated cheque will offer you no protection as the banks will cash them anyway. Same with cheques more than 6 months old - depending on the amount the banks will cash them

Credit Card or COD. Do not front load the Card or there may be no protection.

See contact details for the Administrator in Laura Slattery's article in today's [broken link removed]

brendan

Thanks for the replies.

My friend has decided to pay the balance by cc (ensuring it is not preloaded). If the couch does not arrive on Friday how do they go about reversing the cc transaction? In this circumstance what is the situation with their €500 deposit paid by cash a couple of weeks ago?

BiN

Thanks for the replies.

My friend has decided to pay the balance by cc (ensuring it is not preloaded). If the couch does not arrive on Friday how do they go about reversing the cc transaction? In this circumstance what is the situation with their €500 deposit paid by cash a couple of weeks ago?

BiN

A call to www.consumerconnect.ie might give further advice. They have this on their website.

Back