La to Las Vegas via Phoenix and then Cpast

C

cerberos

Going there in June/July, what should I do/NOT do, best value hotels, best itininary, all opinions very welcome.
going for 16 days
Thx in advance C

If you are driving its a big drive but
head North to Sedona for some of the best views ever. then head East through Kingman along the old Route 66 and visit a few of the old towns now bypassed by the Interstates. I presume then you go up to Gr Canyon and Hoover Dam and into Vegas. Plenty of old mining ghost towns to visit like Calico near Barstow in NE California as you head towards LA.

Thx Aidan,

Does any 1 have any hotels in L:A they would recommend?

Don't drive to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, unless you really want to spend a couple of days in the Canyon, if you would like to have a day excursion to the Grand Canyon (and you can't really go to Vegas and not see the GC) take a helicopter tour from Vegas, ideally with a stop at the West rim.

Be aware of the small planes that do GC tours, don't think they have big windows and that makes it perfect for a day tour, they are small planes :eek: On the other hand, it makes you appreciate legroom on Ryanair flights.

Indeed visit Sedona but make sure you have a hotel reservation, esp in the weekends, all hotels will be booked out in the weekends.

Don't plan to do a lot of walking in Vegas, it will be too hot.
Not sure if you have a specific reason to go to Phoenix, but at that time of year I know a lot of other places where I would rather be than Phoenix - what about San Diego or up Pacific coast highway ?

Thx Harry,

Been in Phoenix in biz, taking wife to Sedona (overnite) and Grand Canyon (mebe 2 days) and then on to vegas for a couple of days.

Never been to California neven mind San Digeo.

Any suggestions very very welcome ads I have just 2 1/2 weeks and free as a bird to go where I plz

Back