kusidasi for a week

villa 1

This may have been covered before but myself and the better half are thinking of going to Kusidasi for the second week in July. The price is quite good, 450 euros each for flights, transfers, hotel and b/b. We are hoping to do a little bit of sight seeing whilst we are there, and we know it's giong to be hot!! Any Views?

My wife and I were there some years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Make sure and visit Ephesus (early morning 7 -9 am. before the sun gets really hot and while the place is relatively uncrowded).
Take a day trip to Bodrum and/or Pamukale.
And don't forget your sun block, mosquito repellant and bottled water.

villa..i was there last week. I have no real complaints at all. was very nice, very good value and the people are very very friendly.

Just avoid the market/shops as the traders will drive you wrong, unless you like haggling!

Go for it!

I was just in Kusadasi last month, as everyone here said, go to see Ephesus, its really really worth the visit and its one of the 7 wonders of the world :) the "sales people" really will drive you mad down at the markets, just remember if you're getting a "good offer" for something you're buying and aren't really sure, don't get pressured into it as they are very persuasive.... remember there are THOUSANDS of other stalls beside it :) It will be roasting so Ladies beach will be a good beach to go to! Also for night life go to Bar Street, its where everything happens and bars don't close until around 5:30 :) change your money before you go because if you pay in euro to the locals most wont give you a decent enough rate and you'll end up spending more than you had agreed with them. A turkish bath is a good one too, its only about 10/15 euro. It is over pretty quick but its nice to do something on holidays that involves the culture of the country.. have a great holiday and don't forget the sunblock!! believe me, even if it appears to be cloudy, you will be BURNT!!!!!! :)

Change your Euros in Turkey ( not in the airport ) the turkish post office usually give a good rate....and only pay in Lira...Enjoy

yeah itd hot hot hot in july ! but good spot loads of trips etc to do. bring your factor 50 !

I've gone to an old Turkish holiday forum so as to stay relevant, and hopefully correct, as far as posting is concerned.
I've just spotted a 2 week holiday in a 4star Turkish hotel on a B/B basis for €399 p/p, inc flights with 1 x 30kg bag, transfers, resort rep and breakfast. It goes out this coming Saturday at a reasonable time and is a direct flight. What would peoples advice be, I'd appreciate it? Turkish Lira is great value, resort and hotel isn't bad. The only worry I would have is, if there's any political or other danger at this time over and above the normal? Thanks for any help.

Hmm... there might just be a political or other danger above the normal potentially impacting Turkey and environs. Might have to jog my memory of past 5-6 weeks...

I've gone to an old Turkish holiday forum so as to stay relevant, and hopefully correct, as far as posting is concerned.
I've just spotted a 2 week holiday in a 4star Turkish hotel on a B/B basis for €399 p/p, inc flights with 1 x 30kg bag, transfers, resort rep and breakfast. It goes out this coming Saturday at a reasonable time and is a direct flight. What would peoples advice be, I'd appreciate it? Turkish Lira is great value, resort and hotel isn't bad. The only worry I would have is, if there's any political or other danger at this time over and above the normal? Thanks for any help.
@noproblem did u end up going?

No. In the end I went with my head. Just felt by even posting about it here that I was having doubts, even though I couldn't put my finger on it. I guess, politics, safety, and an iffy feeling made my mind up. Was a great deal though.

Many years ago on holiday, I hired a car to visit Ephesus which was very impressive. The same day we did a short detour to Meryemana. Might not be to everyone's taste but found it really interesting and peaceful. It's translation is 'house of the virgin Mary'. Mary is said to have retired there essentially.

Try to get back to Kusadasi before dark. The roads are even worse at night, with limited/no street lights in parts.

I got a great deal for all inclusive for a family of 5 to Kusadasi in June. Never been all inclusive ( except honeymoon 20 years ago in places I couldn't afford now with 5!) also went with a travel agent - first time in years due to covid , usually we do camp sites in Italy and I do the research myself. I hope to have good feedback in July in the meantime can anyone advice on using Revolut in Turkey ( more so for the teens looking to buy the "good " fake labels )

I got a great deal for all inclusive for a family of 5 to Kusadasi in June. Never been all inclusive ( except honeymoon 20 years ago in places I couldn't afford now with 5!) also went with a travel agent - first time in years due to covid , usually we do camp sites in Italy and I do the research myself. I hope to have good feedback in July in the meantime can anyone advice on using Revolut in Turkey ( more so for the teens looking to buy the "good " fake labels )
Would love to hear about the hotel and holiday afterwards.

Many years ago on holiday, I hired a car to visit Ephesus which was very impressive. The same day we did a short detour to Meryemana. Might not be to everyone's taste but found it really interesting and peaceful. It's translation is 'house of the virgin Mary'. Mary is said to have retired there essentially.

Try to get back to Kusadasi before dark. The roads are even worse at night, with limited/no street lights in parts.
I have to agree with what you said about the house of the Virgin Mary. I'm not religious and there was a bit of an issue trying to get there but when I got there I felt really relaxed. There is something very serene about the place. Ephesus is excellent and someone also mentioned Pamukale. Loved both. We had an excellent guide for Ephesus and without him we would definitely have missed some very interesting things. I'm sorry I can't remember how we booked the trip. It must have been through the hotel as we travelled by bus and stayed over night in Pamukale. Only issue I had with the area where our main hotel was the area was on the main strip and as a result was quite noisy. Worth checking reviews to see if noise is mentioned in the hotel reviews.

Back