Kitchen Designer

PaddyBloggit

I'm looking for someone who'll design a kitchen for me.

I don't want a kitchen supplier who expects me to buy their product because they've done a wonderful design for me. I want to sort a design and I then want to go looking for prices.

I guess I'm looking for a kitchen design architect .... any ideas/suggestions?

shame on those kitchen suppliers who want you to buy a kitchen off them after spending all that time designing your dream kitchen.....you got no replies... i wonder why

shame on those kitchen suppliers who want you to buy a kitchen off them after spending all that time designing your dream kitchen.....you got no replies... i wonder why

The OP was pretty clear they didn't want a supplier, but someone to design the kitchen as a paid service.

Seemed like a good idea to me, get the design that best suits the OP's need, then they can use that to obtain quotes knowing that all suppliers are quoting along the same lines.

Have a look at www.houzz.com. There is a fantastic community of designers on the forum who love to help out...I think most people on the site are very passionate about design and generally love to give advice and ideas.Post a picture of your space and dimensions and an idea of the style you want etc....you won't be disappointed with the feedback :)

Last edited:

Leo is spot on .... I want an independent design created (which I will pay for)

I'm not out to use and abuse but I don't want to be tied to being stuck with a kitchen supplier because they did me a favour.

It's an awful pity you didn't read my OP before you jumped to conclusions nediaa. You at least did me the favour of bumping the thread.

Spudz ~ thanks for the pointers .... heading there now!

the op was not very clear. A wonderful kitchen design will not leave him with a fitted kitchen.
therefore he will also need a kitchen supplier.
there are some fantastic designers working in showroom who will design his kitchen for him for a charge which is generally refundable if he purchases the kitchen from them.
No one expects you to buy from them.
The charge ranges from €50-€100 where as an independant designer it will be €300+

Glad to be of help with the bumping thing...

I have no problem paying for an independent design.

I have had experience of going through in-house design with kitchen suppliers (with other homes previously) but always found they pushed what they had in stock etc. and I paid the nominal fees at the time.

After I have my design (which I hope will be a mix of both fitted & non-fitted) I'll wory about getting it made then.

As an aside the main focus at the moment is to get a stable door sorted .... finalising design, glass and handle choice etc.

The biggest hurdle is getting the locking system to work with the design but we're almost there.

Anyways .... all suggestions re. availability of independent kitchen designers appreciated.

Back