Kindle Keyboard

angela59

Hi all,

My daughter is looking for a kindle keyboard for her birthday, I have looked on Amazon and £149.99 sterling which converts to E190, at the moment Argos are selling them for E167 - I checked with Dixons Travel Dublin Airport, I know someone travelling soon and it is E164. Anyone heard of a kindle keyboard cheaper than this at the moment.

TIA

Angela59

Is it just a bluetooth keyboard? If so, check out the logitech keyboard for android (doublecheck that it will work with a kindle...although you would imagine that shouldn't be an issue...).

I suspect it's a Kindle with a keyboard that the person is looking for (as opposed to a Kindle with a touchscreen).

Have a look in Tesco, they're selling a variety of Kindles at the moment and might be cheaper (I had a quick look at their website but there's no information there).

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies - it isn't a touchscreen she's after its the kindle with keyboard attached. I will check out tesco again, didn't see the keyboard version in there but will ask at customer information.

Thanks
Angela59

Might be worth asking your daughter why she particularly wants the keyboard version - I have one but am building funds up for an upgrade to the touchscreen. Have not used the keyboard very much at all - you definitely would not want to be doing much typing on it!

Might be worth asking your daughter why she particularly wants the keyboard version - I have one but am building funds up for an upgrade to the touchscreen. Have not used the keyboard very much at all - you definitely would not want to be doing much typing on it!
All the more reason to get a good quality bluetooth keyboard.

Agreed. I have a Kindle with a keyboard and I rarely use the keyboard. Only used when browsing for books and I do that mainly on PC or iPad.

Is it just a bluetooth keyboard? If so, check out the logitech keyboard for android (doublecheck that it will work with a kindle...although you would imagine that shouldn't be an issue...).
You may be getting confused with Kindle FIRE (which has an android OS)?

One reason not to get one might be Kindle's lack of bluetooth connectivity!
That be a good reason! My bad - I assumed that it would have bluetooth!

squonk said:
You may be getting confused with Kindle FIRE (which has an android OS)?
No - no confusion. It's just titled as 'logitech keyboard for android'....but....and I'm open to correction, it should work with any device that supports bluetooth.

However, it's an irrelevance - as Leo has brought to my attention - the Kindle in question doesn't support bluetooth.

Back