Kildare affordable housing

mainie

My sister has been offered an affordable house in Newbridge for 207k. She's a single Mum and living with my parents so this is really the break she's been looking for (i.e. she's very excited). Just wondering if anyone knows how Kildare affordable housing works. Will she have to arrange finance herself or does she have specific lenders she needs to use?

Also, how much could she expect to borrow? She's on about 40k gross plus bonus I think

My sister has been offered an affordable house in Newbridge for 207k. She's a single Mum and living with my parents so this is really the break she's been looking for (i.e. she's very excited). Just wondering if anyone knows how Kildare affordable housing works. Will she have to arrange finance herself or does she have specific lenders she needs to use?

Also, how much could she expect to borrow? She's on about 40k gross plus bonus I think

I don't know to be honest. If it was with DCC or SDCC it would depend on whether it was Affordable Housing Initiative or Affordable Housing? the
AHI is via EBS, IIB or BOI.

AH is the Council, plus EBS, IIB and BOI I believe.

Newbridge is lovely, I hope everything goes well for her.

I am in the final stages of buying an affordable house with kildare and the three banks that will give out the loans are as above or you can get a shared owner ship loan from the council themselves. She earns a simliar income as myself and i got my loan from EBS. The banks are hard to get the money from I would suggest getting a broker who will argue your corner for you and may get a better quote. There is a brill broker in newbridge who i can only say all the staff there are very helpful.

Thanks for the replies. I think there's a broker in her office that she's going to talk to so hopefully he/she will be able to help her out. She was also looking into shared ownership but not sure whether or not she's been approved for that.

From what I know regarding shared ownership is that you have to pay rent for the share that the council own and will have to pay the mortgage for her part. Thus in the long term it may be more she is paying back.

Yeah, thats true but its a fallback in case she cannot get enough of a mortgage to cover the cost of the apartment

Back