Kia Pro Ceed fuel economy?

Yoltan

Thinking of buying the 1.6l diesel. I currently have a 1.4l car and I'm doing between 390-520 kms a week. Those figures are driving to work only. I've never owned a diesel car before and just wondeing if I'm making the right move.

Thanks.

Economy sould be pretty good. Depreciation could be horrendous however.

Just taken delivery of the SW (estate) version and I am very impressed so far, nice power for a 1.6L diesel and initial economy (according to the trip computer) is around the 5L /100km (about 55mpg) on my commute of about 160km per day. The tyres and suspension are surprisingly sporty for an estate aimed at families. I think the economy will improve as the car loosens up to about the 60mpg mark. The depreciation could be heaver than the class leaders but that all depends how the car is received and its too early to say right now but the initial feel, the 7 year warranty and interest free option are sure to help. Bear in mind that the interest free option would save you €3000-4000 in repayments over 3 years and that would offset potentially heaver depreciation when compared to the equivalent Golf/Corolla/Civic and possibly mean the car costs you less over your ownership term than those rivals if using finance!

Thanks guys. RS2K, buying a new car with a 7 year warranty so depreciation isn't foremost on my mind. Depreciation on most cars is awful.

johnm, thanks so much for your input. I drove the 1.6 diesel and loved it. Think I've already made up my mind! Thanks again.

Back