Key Post: Wooden Windows

Hello,

I have seen a Company not yet mentioned on this Forum. 'True Windows' They are based in Sligo but seem to be always working around Kilkenny. I stoped last week and looked at an installation they were doing, on Castlecomer road, and was very impresssed by the quality. Does anyone know anything about them?

Hi

try a product Aluwood. Its aluminium outside and timber inside, came across it in a previous employment, I have no idea who is an agent in Ireland. Web site www.asnaf-hg.com. They may be able to give you alocal agent.Its expensive but will meet your requirments.
I can confirm I have no interest in this product.

I am looking for aluminium clad wooden sliding sash windows for a new build. I have got a good quote from Creative Windows who are based in Kilkenny and import Kolbe&Kolbe windows from the states. Has anyone dealt with them before or have any knowledge of them?

Our house bought second hand has 20 year old Cedar wood windows which are still perfect not rot, no idea where they came from but definitely worth considering if you happen accross them. We varnish them every other year just to be on the safe side. No rot. No warping. House is very exposed to western gales.

i've just got a quote for wooden sash windows for a new house (2800 sq ft)and it is shockingly expensive-45'000 euro inc vat ,that was from Hillcrest in Derry.I saw their windows stand at a self build expo and they looked impressive.Has anybody used this company?If I'm going to spend this kind of money on windows I want them to be super-duper efficent,maintenance free(ish) and long lasting-anybody got any suggestions?

Try Nobis Ltd based in Edenderry Co. Offaly. Newish company I believe but are getting a lot of work with alu/clad and timber windows and doors. Am building myself and they posted a brochure from an address they got of the council website so they seem keen. Contact on brochure was for Niall 086-8468110

Hi Blackiebest, true windows as you mentioned do fine looking work - did you notice that the windows open inwards as on the continent (where they have big steel external shutters for the bad weather).

Where do you hang blinds etc on inward opening windows?

sorry to but in but has anyone seen,or know about windows from a donegal co. called bonner windows,they do maintainance free(ish) norway spruce windows that have a realistic looking clad stuck on the outer face i think its the same used for some upvc timber effect,however they do look good.u values for window/frame complete are 1.4 and 1.2 (using carey soft low e).i,ve no connection with the company but awaiting a quote from them

sorry to but in but has anyone seen,or know about windows from a donegal co. called bonner windows,they do maintainance free(ish) norway spruce windows that have a realistic looking clad stuck on the outer face i think its the same used for some upvc timber effect,however they do look good.u values for window/frame complete are 1.4 and 1.2 (using carey soft low e).i,ve no connection with the company but awaiting a quote from them

We got PVC windows from them in Dublin last year and they were excellent. Came back to do repairs without any major problems but a friend mentioned to me recently that they had increased their prices a lot of late.

There has been a few previous threads mentioning Bonner if you use the search facility.
Leo

Am VERY surprised to read that Marvin no longer supply timber-only windows as only saw them installing wooden windows in Glasnevin three days ago!

Anyhow, I had Marvin products installed a few years ago and am very disappointed with the door in particular - the handle is constantly falling off!

Has anyone gone with Woodlock or Carlson for their timber windows? I've whittled my listed down to those two. There's a reasonably significant price difference (Carlson being the more expensive) and I'm trying to figure if they're worth the extra. Thanks.

Back