Key Post: Warning:Thinking of installing Eircom Phonewatch?

Re: re: Monitoring and Bravery

The only people that have warned me about the risk of have the "physical phone line cut" are alarm companies selling non-monitored alarm systems. I used to work for a telecoms company on one of their exhanges and believe me the only chances of this happenning are in rural areas where houses are on their own hence you will have the overhead wires feeding into premises. Other than that the majority of houses are fed from junction boxes and then underground into the house. If anyone has seen a junction box and the hundreds of cables feeding into it they will know what Im talking about. If a burgular knows what wire to cut then he should have been in the film Oceans Eleven

Re: Thinking of installing Eircom Phonewatch

The junction box right outside our house (insisted on by Eircom) contains only one wire, obviously the supply to our house, so it wouldn't take a genius to figure which one to cut! That's why high security installations often include a radio link, though I have known this to be interferred with also!

Re: Alarms / Cut Line / ADT

so it wouldn't take a genius to figure which one to cut

and it is likely that Eircom can detect this condition and thereby raise the alarm

Back