Key Post: Online Pharmacies?

Re: .

From

Under the Drugs Payment Scheme an individual or family in Ireland only has to pay a maximum of 78 euro for approved prescribed drugs, medicines and certain appliances for use by that person or his or her family in that month.

'approved' and 'certain'

Sounds like the dentist scheme. When you look into it, the normal PAYE worker gets nothing and pays for everything.

Re: .

the normal PAYE worker gets nothing and pays for everything.

Actually it doens't look like this is the case in this instance.
I have no direct experience of it, thank goodness, but there's further info here.

[broken link removed]

Obviously it's pretty easy to see a situation where someone is spending €80 a month on prescription drugs and can source the same drugs much more cheaply on line, in that case this scheme doesn't help. But where there is a lot of extremely expensive drugs involved, I'd imagine the DPS would outweigh any online savings.

Now, if the Scheme were to allow online purchases subject to obvious controls, then everyone would be happy, because the bill to the tax payer would be much lower. (I take that back, pharmacists in Ireland wouldn't be happy).

-Rd

You quote from the oasis site is correct rainyday. However this does not cover this specific medication for me & my circumstances.

QUOTE: "Explain more, Sean"

I'd rather not to be honest as my reply was to the person called "medicine".

Rainyday, interested to know you source that DPS covers all. I am prescribed medicine that I have been told is not covered under DPS.

If this is incorrect, I would be delighted not to have to buy on-line.

Rainyday

Its the "approved" that's the catch. Many prescribed drugs for (in my case) semi-rare illnesses that are expensive because of the low volume use are not "approved" on the scheme. In fact some drugs are "approved" for medical card users but not on DPS.

Buying on internet is not an option I would choose lightly. Moralising on falling standards (not you Rainyday but in general) is all very well but when you have a choice between your own health/lenghtened survival and the welfare of your family, at present and after your gone there is no option.

Re:

Compare prices on www.drugstore.com in US - same items available in Rite Aid pharmacies in US as well.

Ibuprofen 200mg 500 tabs for $12.99
www.drugstore.com/product...GFI-0-PLTS

These are the same as Nurofen - box of 24 Nurofen for €3 - €5 ??

This is only one example - why aren't there more generics available for the Irish consumer?

others
60 Lotradine allergy relief tabs for €16.99
Have you bought Zirtec here - 7 tabs for €10
www.drugstore.com/product...GFI-0-PLTS

If you know anyone going to US get them.

Re: >>Online Pharmacies?

Has anybody used Doc Morris and does anyone know if there is an english language version ?

Ta

just got some drugs off the net after reading this thread. They seem fine. And they were cheap. And I feel perasdfsae, jaseeefff, help calll doctorrr

;)

a colleague of mine buys all her blood pressure meds from india, they are the same as the ones she buys here old manufacturered in India rather than Switzerland she pays 1/3 of what should you would pay here

RainyDay said:
How can she tell that they are the same?

The packaging is the same except the swiss ones say made in switzerland and the indian ones say made in india.

she has been using them for the past year and her doctor says her condition is as he would expect on the medication so they cant be duds

contemporary said:
she has been using them for the past year and her doctor says her condition is as he would expect on the medication so they cant be duds

Doctor saying that would not convince me that they Can't be duds. Some people get better on smarties.

not with blood pressure but anyway.... They were in the same novartis pacakging as the ones available OTC in dublin only with a different source of manufacture

Anyone ever bought contraceptive XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX online? Were they the same?

The pharmacies are having serious supply problems with certain brands over the last few months which is very inconvenient but I've seen them on some of the previously mentioned websites so I'm tempted to order - don't want to end up with a little mini me if it turns out I'm popping sweets instead of XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!

contemporary said:
The packaging is the same except the swiss ones say made in switzerland and the indian ones say made in india.

I'd still be very concerned about this. It's possibly to buy all kind of rip-offs on the web which look very like the real thing, but aren't. So how much is she saving per month?

true but i would say this.

BP meds are meds that once you go on you never get off them. If the internet meds are duds and her condition is good, her doctor says her BP is "now perfect", then either they are acting as a placebo or she doesnt need them, which is a different debate.

She also has a reaction if she forgets to take them even if she missed a day, as in red face and headache. This would be a common sympthom for not taking your BP meds.

A 3 month supply of drugs from the net cost the same as one months OTC in dublin (€50 per month in Dublin)

She is happy with it so thats all I can go on tbh

Re: on-line pharmacies

Laoise said:
I've not used them personnally but www.docmorris.com are very popular in Holland & Germany
Recently they won a court case in Germany where some pharmacy organisations wanted to prohibit them from operating, so one can be sure that they are a legitimate organisation.

Had a look at this website - seems to be in German - is there an English version?

Back