Key Post: contact lens online?

Sounds like adios works for Recommended site removed by RainyDay?

Anyway, 6 months 1 Day Acuvue from VHI are €260 (with 10% pigsback discount) and 6 months 1 Day Acuvue from Recommended site removed by RainyDay are €309!!!!

I was looking at this thread to see if anyone had found a cheaper site than the one I use and by looking at suggested sites I think I am doing well.

I use www.yourlenses.ie . It cost me €14 per box of 1-day acuve regardless of quantity and the postage charge is € 5.

Just bougtht four boxes for € 61 including postage. They deliver within 10 days and have had no problems with them in the past.

I use yourlenses too - and delivery has always been within 4 days (though this was in a different EU country)

On a related note, the price of solution in Ireland is outrageous, about double the price of other EU countries.

On a related note, the price of solution in Ireland is outrageous, about double the price of other EU countries.
I've found Boots own-label solution to be fairly reasonably priced, compared to the branded alternatives.

I've found Boots own-label solution to be fairly reasonably priced, compared to the branded alternatives.

I noticed that alright but wasn't brave enough to buy it. Maybe if I'd done Chemistry or something I'd know there wasn't any difference!

Oh, and Lidl were advertising solution for about 2.99 in their brochure too.

I was looking at this thread to see if anyone had found a cheaper site than the one I use and by looking at suggested sites I think I am doing well.

I use www.yourlenses.ie . It cost me €14 per box of 1-day acuve regardless of quantity and the postage charge is € 5.

Just bougtht four boxes for € 61 including postage. They deliver within 10 days and have had no problems with them in the past.

I can't believe it! I just paid €65 at my opticians for a months supply of Acuvue the other day :( . I'm definitely warming more and more to the idea of get laser done when my SSIA finally matures in March.

i ordered 2 pairs of coloured lens from www.yourlenses.ie on 18/12/06. Got them on 22/12/06. For the 2 pairs of coloured lens (exact same ones I got before in Specsavers) it was €39.80 including delivery. Paid €75 for 3 pairs from Specsavers last time I got them.
Prices on the site are in euro so no confusion over currency exchange rates and they came from Sweden so no customs.
Very happy with site and would def use again!

Last edited:
Just thought I would post re ordering contact lenses on line. I normally buy from vhi for 3 months supply of focus dailies progressives for €155.00 but I tried re-ordering yesterday and as my prescription is over 1 year old they are looking fior a new one even though my prescription says my next eye test is due in June 2007. I check with my optician and they told me my lenses would cost €170.00 with them. I told them the price on line even with their own on- line shop was €155.00 and they said they would match it. Might be of use to some of ye to know this.

Buying lenses online seems to be getting more difficult. I ordered some from Getlenses.com and they called me up to say that I need to send them a scan or a fax of my new perscription as they are not allowed call the opticians direct any more. This is a pain. Opticians don't seem over-enthusiastic in giving these out.

Buying lenses online seems to be getting more difficult. I ordered some from Getlenses.com and they called me up to say that I need to send them a scan or a fax of my new perscription as they are not allowed call the opticians direct any more. This is a pain. Opticians don't seem over-enthusiastic in giving these out.

Tell the optician you need the prescription for work.

I always order from mylenses.nl (in Dutch unfortunately), but you don't need to hand in any prescription, and a lot cheaper! 3-4 days delivery.

I have tried several of the online retailers in the past, but I'm using Optical Institute now. They are cheap, have a good service, and delivery is quite fast too. Prices in €. Also, it doesn't seem they require a prescription. [broken link removed]
Just checked them...for my lenses (Focus dailies) their prices are slightly more expensive than getlenses.com when shipping is included (€90 vs €87 + €7). However, it's good that they're not looking for a prescription. My optician has not yet sent me mine even after I've asked them in person and phoned them. Rick23...do you have an affiliation with the "optical institute"??

Just checked them...for my lenses (Focus dailies) their prices are slightly more expensive than getlenses.com when shipping is included (€90 vs €87 + €7). However, it's good that they're not looking for a prescription. My optician has not yet sent me mine even after I've asked them in person and phoned them. Rick23...do you have an affiliation with the "optical institute"??

Much more expensive for 1 Day Acuvue Moist too.

I just ordered 2x90 lenses from yourlenses.ie at a cost of ~€75 including delivery...I would have paid €150 for the same in my opticians...unreal!

I would recommend people to go onto www.lensalot.com it's an american website and it's perfectly safe (they use Worldpay method - bank of scotland). With the cheap US dollar rate for us at the moment (conversion from Euro) we are definately saving a couple of euros. I've already compared prices with the likes of yourlens.ie and getlenes.ie and they are yet still more expensive than this site. It takes them a week to deliver (free delivery), i haven't used any other website to purchase lens since! Another plus factor is that they don't require any perscription. Just order what you need! :)

Hi,

Welcome to AAM.

Can you confirm if you have any connection with the company that you are so highly recommending?

I always order from Mylenses.nl. No need for a prescription and cheap and you are able to collect points for a dvd player etc. You wil have to pay for shipping to Ireland. I get my Options lenses there for 200 euro cheaper, although they are not advertised on their website. The website is in Dutch though, but my friend is Irish and is able to order from this site without any help. No connection with this site, other than using it for over 7 years now.

Back