keeping 'throw' in place on couch....aargh

serotoninsid

probably no answer to this one but I'll ask it anyways.

Is there any way of keeping a 'throw' ( like one) in place on a couch - without it ending up in a heap at the end of each evening. If there was some way of keeping a hold on it from the top with something..??

It annoys the hell out of me putting the damn thing back in place every single morning because others wont (i rent out a few rooms to help pay the mortgage). Ironically, that sofa received its first grease stain a couple of hours after that pic was taken (muppet + tv dining = disaster). - although I managed to get it out.

Seritonin needed eh?:D Why not buy a bigger throw....one that goes all the way down the back of the couch. Whenever anyone sits on a throw it needs to be straightened anyway. But, surprisingly, I know what you mean!!:eek:

I tried double sided sticky tape (each corner and a patch in the middle). It worked for a time but then the tape got dirty looking and when I tried to peel it off the glue stayed behind! :mad:

Anybody know how to get glue off a throw??:(

Try and get a more heavyweight throw in a bigger size. M&S do some very large cotton bedspreads which could doulble up as a throw for the couch.

I know what you mean. I used to have the same problem. It was so bad one morning, I came downstairs and couldnt even find the throw. It was buried and squashed under the cushions. I can only imagine what was going on on my couch. Anyway, I was on the verge of resorting to thumbtacks or itching powder or something on the couch to stop them even sitting there. In the end I just gave in and took the throw off.

You could try stitching velcro on the throw and the back of the cushions?

Yes that is my next port of call. They sell velcro which can be stuck on (glue again :rolleyes:) which is very handy. I intend to stich the edges onto the throw though as I think the movement of bodies might dislodge it. What is good though is that it can be stuck to the couch so no need to punch holes in the furniture!

Any Hickeys fabric shop. The one on Henry Street is where I got it last, but there's one in Stephen's Green SC too.

Been there done that - velcro didn't work either, but maybe throw was too light. Anyway gave up and bought leather sofas which are impervious to spilt drinks, dinners etc.

I have a throw on my couch and never have any probs... my throw is massive and my couch is small so I guess the solution here is get a throw significantly larger than the couch..

Maybe even tucking the ends of the throw under the castors - (to a uniform thickness!) - would anchor it even more. If that budges then pritt stick may be your only option :)

Back