Keeping moss off roof

Jopeoc

I have just put a lot of time and effort into removing all moss from my roof.What is the best way to prevent the moss from returning.Would zinc/copper/lead flashing along top of roof be helpful?Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks Capt. How much would I need and and what is the best way of fitting it?

How are you removing it. I spray the roof once a year with MossGo and it does the trick. As sson as I see a green hew ,I spray and it goes away immediately. Never let it get a grip. I have a 3 gabled house and I noticed last time that its only the North facing roofs that it occurs on.

Secman

The sun keeps the moss from growing by keeping the roof dry - thus south-facing roofs rarely get moss.

The sun keeps the moss from growing by keeping the roof dry - thus south-facing roofs rarely get moss.

Same as tarmac-overhanging tress prevent the tamac at the edge of our driveway from drying so moss trives.

power washer doesn't treat the problem.

Get yourself one of the 5 litre sprayers with the lance in Lidle, €13 or there abouts and also a bottle of Moss Go and you will find it works a treat. I do it when I see first green hew on roof. Simply spray it and just leave it. Next day its all clear.

Secman

Back