Just received new rate options PTSB. Opinions please

F

Furball

Coming out of a two year fixed with PTSB and just received new rate offers this morning.
Tracker variable rate 4.25%
Ltv Variable rate 4.15%
2 yr Fixed rate 5.25%
5 yr Fixed rate 5.75%
7 yr Fixed rate 6.1%
10 yr Fixed rate 6.1%

The 2yr fixed rate is basically what we have been paying for the past 2 years. in your opinions what would be the best option. Reading around I assume the tracker but +3.25 is a bit useless or not?

amazed they are offering tracker although that looks the best option rates likely to remain low for another 12 to 18 months as EU tries to sort out debt crisis

Tracker would be the best option. TSB could have a variable rate increase independent of ICB which probably won't raise rates this year.

Hi Furball,

I received the exact same rates today (except for the tracker). How long do you have your mortgage? I thought PTSB were not offering trackers anymore?

The fixed rates are very high so I might have to take the variable... !!

Thanks for replies. We're on a 35 yr mortgage. Only 33yrs to go!
I think you've all confirmed what we already thought.
Tracker it is.

Do the above rates match what was stated in your original loan offer?

What tracker rate was listed in your contract?

We got the exact same offers and took the tracker.

The contract said a tracker is the default option after the fixed rate ends but there's no stated rate. Just basically the current tracker rate available.

The tracker rate there is crap but the best of a bad lot.

Furball & Corklad... was there a mention of a tracker rate in your loan aggreement, what rate do they say?

When the ecb start raising these rates next year, mortgage holders with high tracker rates will be put under strain. The only way the rates will go in the next few years is up!
I cant see trackers returning to record lows again... just what i think!
I’ve the same rates but there not very competitive! Wish I could change banks.. if it wasn’t for a little thing called negative equity!

Back