Just got letter from Council re rent increase

vixter

I just came home to a letter from the Council stating that my shared ownership rent is going up in July. I don't remember this happening last year but I guess it must have. I know it is in the lease that rent goes up by 4% each year. However, rents are falling every where else in the market so I would have expected that the Council would be reviewing the matter. Anyone any views on this? Incidentally I have has my apt on the market for the past year and no joy so far. I emailed the Council a couple months ago asking them what my options were in terms of buying them out. No response.
Getting very frustrated!

Vixter

I emailed the Council a couple months ago asking them what my options were in terms of buying them out. No response.
Getting very frustrated!

Vixter

I am not familiar what the terms are around shared ownership but if I were you I would put my concerns in writing to them rather than on an e-mail.

Thanks Marieta, you are right about a letter being better than an email. I had just sent an email to the Housing Dept asking them to send me info on buying out their share of the property and have not heard back. I only got the letter from them today about the rent so haven't had a chance to contact them as yet.

Back