Joint tenants big problems!

420ninja

I need serious help. I purchased my house with my girlfriend at the time so naturally put her name on the mortgage (STUPID!). A year later we can't stand each other. She refuses to leave because she is "co-owner" (we are joint tenants) and she doesn't contribute to ANYTHING. And never has. I pay all the mortgage, all utilities, all taxes, etc. What can I do? I'm really at a loss here.

Can I sue her for not paying and get her off the mortgage somehow? What are my options?

I want to sell the house to get away from her and pay off the mortgage. If the house sells does she still get half of the profit even though she's contributed $0? She seems to think she still deserves half if/when the house sells.

Don't know where to turn to. It's been getting increasing confrontational and I don't know what she may be planning so I need to do this fast! Please help!

is your ex on named on the mortgage or on the actual Deeds of the house or both?

It would appear that she is awaiting a major conflict with you and then you will havew to pay her off to avoid conflict. Why not simplify the situation and bring the matter to a half decent solicitor before war breaks out.

Just kick her out. Her name is not on the deeds and you have not been cohabiting that long.

When she is out, change the locks, chuck her stuff out and goodbye.

2 quick questions

1. Are you in Ireland? This is an Irish site so advice may not be relevant to you if you live elaewhere.

2. Is her name on the ownership of the property, or just the mortgage?

Is the house in negative equity ?
Most irish houses would have reduced in value big time in the last year.

Back