joint mortgage for more than 2 peops

J

jaybyrno

is there an irish mortgage provider who will provide a joint mortgage for 3 people? i'm well aware of all the risks and problems associated with joint ownership but I think I have a good "team" to pull this off.

Is it that unusual for them not to? Have you tried and been refused? A friend of mine bought with two others about 8 years ago and had no problems getting a joint mortgage for the three of them. He has since bought the others out.

Thanks, I was told by a friend who claimed to have researched it that Irish banks didn't put more than 2 names on a mortgage and that although you could arrange a contract for the third person to have a share in the house they would not be named on the mortgage therefore complicating the legal situation. It'll be great if we can get a three-man one as that means we can afford to look at better places!

Definitely not true.

More and more first time buyers have their parents on the deeds/buy with friends. Also siblings buy their parents home to help the parents out financially.

Would advise all three of you to have an agreement drawn up to cover future circumstances when one of you decides its time to move on.

Back