Joint mortgage... Ex Partner not playing ball

AppleSun

Guys,
Can anyone shed any light on what will happen if my ex-partner (joint mortgage) will not supply financial information for the SFS?

Spoke to my Mortgage company today about our recent separation(who were very nice - first time ever) and they said that they cannot deal with me or look at any options unless the SFS has been completed and signed by both parties.

Can the other person be forced to comply?

Thanks

There are a number of issues here that you will need to address. I am assuming that the property and mortgage are in joint names. Is the property in negative equity? What is the agreement between you and your partner in respect of dealing with this property? If in joint names he remains jointly liable and is also a joint owner. realistically if you are making any capital reductions on the loan you are also reducing his obligations. However he will always remain a joint owner of the property unless an agreement is reached. There are a large number of posts on this forum from people in similar situations to yourself. Do a search and read these and you will get an appreciation of how things stand. It is difficult for a bank or BS to make any agreement without the co-operation of both parties. However, you may wish to make interest only payments to the bank while assessing your options. This should give you some breathing space.

Back