Jobseeker Benefit after finished a job

VioletWex

Hi lads,

I just wanted to ask if anyone know what are requirements to get jobseeker benefit? How many months/years exactly I have to work to get JB ? I know basic requirements but I am not sure on what years before that they are looking to find if you are entitled to get JB or not.
I am working in this company for almost 9 months and before that I was doing Higher Certificate for 2 years.
Anyway thanks for any info.

Regards
V

Thanks Sue, but I red those information already and to be honest it is confusing.
So as far as I understand, if I apply now,they will be looking for PRSI paid in 2013 and 2014, am I right?
But I didn't work in 2013, I was in college.Is there any chance they could take those 2 years in college under considerations as well?

Were you on a Back to Education scheme while you were in college? If so, then you will have accumulated PRSI credits for your time in college. Depending on what other PRSI you paid (from before college to your most recent employment), you might have enough contributions. The only way to know for sure is to make a claim, and the SW office will check your records.

See this page for information on PRSI credits

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/PRSI---Credited-Social-Insurance-Contributions.aspx

Back