Jet Ski, would you recommend one?

aura

Hi Guys and Lady’s,

I’m thinking about buying a jet ski and would like to know if anyone has bought one and would they recommend one?
Good and bad experiences if possible.

Thanks
Aura

Was on my uncles jetski a couple of years back 1100cc. Totally and utterly insane. Loads and loads of fun. It was a thirsty beast tho. Man, hitting the water at 60mph isnt too pleasant though. I'd suggest hire one out for a go first and see is it your buzz. I loved it but dunno if i'd want one of my own. Grand for a once or what have you.

I definitely would but then again you have to be in to that sort of thing. Try borrowing/ hiring one to see if its your cup of tea

Cheers for that,

I have been on Jet Ski’s on holidays and always had great crack! The only prob is you get them for 30mins and that’s it. Does your uncle still have his and do you know if he gets bored of it?

Hi Aura,
A friend of mine had one and she loved it for around a month then was sick of it. The biggest issue was that theres not much fun in having just one - you need someone else to have one as well. She used to invite people out for a 'go on the jet ski' of a fine evening, most friends went once then gave up as it was boring to sit and wait all evening for a 10 minute turn on it with 20 other people waiting also.
She also found it hard to find nice places locally to use it (she was living near dublin city centre at the time), as it was a bit of a trial having to load it up onto a trailer to move it about.

After she had it a year or so (spent most of that year in a shed gathering dust) it was stolen, she never bothered taking an interest again and reckoned you can have the fun without the hassle by renting one when you need it.

There may have been an insurance question on it too - you would need to look into that.

She had bough it based on enjoying using them on holidays but failed to factor in Irelands weather and potential for fun in an ice cold sea.

Cheers truthseeker,

I had that thought in the back of my mind. I didn’t know you could rent them in Ireland.
I was down in Wexford over the last bank holiday and got to see some Kite Suffers! Now that looked cool!!! I prob should have started the tread with Kite Suffers!

Aura

I knew someone who had one and it was pretty much like truthseeker describes. It was fun when it was your turn though!
One thing to be aware of is that many harbours/ estuaries now have a ban on jetskis due to noise/ pollution/ danger etc, so if you invest make sure that you will actually be able to use it where you are planning to.

Back