JEB Training

DipsyChick

Hi,

I'm thinking of undertaking a JEB Diploma - has anyone completed this course ?
If so, where and would you recommend it ?

Thanks.

I have completed the course, did it out of need for something to do.

There is a huge glut of people who have this qualification, some excellent teachers who know a lot about teaching and ITand others who can't teach and can barely turn a PC on.

I do know from friends who have tried to pursue it as a career that recruiters require a whole host of other qualifications, ecdl trainer/examiner, mous master, and various other stuff.

So I think you should think carefully about why you want to do this course, what you want to achieve from it and are your expectations realistic.

As for places to study, terenure college comes highly recommended for all their courses.

I dont mean to scare you off, its just that I have seen so many people do this course thinking that they will be earning lots of money the second they pass the exam.

Best of luck!

Fintan

The missus did the course a few yrs ago it was tough going, 2 evenings a week. The failure rate was very high on the course, she had to repeat 1 exam.
One of the teachers was good, the other not so good.
The work assognments were difficult and marked quite tough, leading to re-submissions etc.
She got some part-time evening work with Fas teaching intro to computers, then eventually got a full-time job at it, then got a better job teaching IT/ Business.

It has worked out well for her so far, but the course is only a stepping stone from which you have to move on.

I see plenty of places that advertise it so prob no shortage of teachers.

Are you currently teaching/ training ?,
If not would you be willing to teach an evening course or two to get the experience all the while keeping your present job (if any).
The jeb course on its own probably won't get you a job teaching /training.

patspost

Back