JB application form for 3 day week

Cornie

I'm being put on a 3 day week this week and I'm trying to fill out the UP1 form. Question 19 asks
19.​
Please state:
• Type of work you are looking for?
• Number of hours work you
would accept?
• Would you accept any other type of
work?
If ‘YES’, give details:
• Where have you tried to get work?

Please attach

I'm not really sure how to answer this as I'm not looking for any other work, just hoping that the 3 day week will be temporary and I can start back on a 5 day week as soon as possible. Also on welfare.ie it mentions that if you are temporarily working part time that you are evaluated on a 5 day week therefore I'll only be able to calim 2 days, I had been under the impression that I could claim 3...

Anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance

Sorry another question... I may be able to get casual work in the local pub on the odd friday night (not sure and it wouldn't be gauranteed, I've just filled in the odd time before when they were stuck). Does this mean I wouldn't be able to claim at all for that week as I'd technically be working 4 days and then can I just go back and claim the next week if I don't get that night... Would I have to keep signing off and signing on... this is so new to me, I'm 40 and I've never claimed anything in my life...

I'd suggest leaving Question 19 blank until you go in to claim, and then ask the officer who is dealing with your claim.

You are working 3 days, so you can only claim 2 days. Jobseeker's Benefit is normally calculated on a 6 day basis (i.e. Mon - Sat) but in cases where you are claiming because your working days have been reduced, the social welfare week is 5 days. So you will get 2/5 of the weekly amount.

You can't claim Jobseeker's Benefit if you are working 4 days a week. I suggest that you direct this question to the Officer dealing with your claim and they will advise you of how to proceed.

Back