Jazzy Plates: Where can I buy a good set of stylish car reg plates??

Dave,

Just a bit of advice as you will see from link best to concentrate on conforming to regulations and meeting NCT test requirements etc. rather than going for the stylish plate. :)

Most of the stylish (often non standard and illegal) plates I see on teh road are for border counties especialy DL and MN. If you want to go down this road I suggest you check across the border.
ajapale

stylishly arrested

If you intend to take your car abroad you can get in serious trouble with these things,they have the laws there which we don't have here.The same counts for "stylish passports".....

Re: stylishly arrested

"they have the laws there which we don't have here"

Oh we have them alright; we just don't pay any heed to them...

True story: a friend of mine was driving in Canada out in the wide open prairie. He came to a four road junction and seeing nothing coming (he could see for a mile in every direction) he sailed through at 60 mph. His Canadian passenger enquired in mildly shocked tones as to whether he had failed to see the stop sign.

The truth is folks, we just don't have much respect for rules in this country.

Car Plates

See above link, we do indeed have the Legislation here.

I actually remember an article in, I think, the Examiner, some time back where someone was fined for having italic plates.
As Heinbloed indicated, you mightn't get the car off the ferry if you want to take it on holidays.

I, for one, would welcome stricter enforcement of this legislation. It can be difficult to decipher many of the car plates seen on the roads, with obvious consequences following a road incident.

Re: jazzy number plates

Blue

I would leave them alone, another excuse for the gardai to give you hassle.

Re: jazzy number plates

Places that make "jazzy numberplates" should be shut down- there are specific legal requirements for number plates: regarding size, colour, font type, size and character spacing. Plates with "italic script", "letter shadowing" and other "flourishes" are not legible from any distance and prevent other law abiding motorists from identifying errant motorists and their vehicles. I rest my case.

Just keep your old plates and swap them when getting the nct done. The guards won't do you, might just tell you to change them.

wot if there just the reg in big bold black and a bit of red around the edges surely people would be able to see them, i see loads of people with them the guards musnt be that bothered by them

blueshoes said:
wot if there just the reg in big bold black and a bit of red around the edges surely people would be able to see them, i see loads of people with them the guards musnt be that bothered by them

But that doesn't make them legal does it?

I was stopped twice by the Gardai some years ago (once on the stillorgan rd and once on the quays) for having black number plates (on a black car) so they do indeed stop people for it.......eventually changed back to normal plates as the hassle was too much

Back