Jack & Jill V's en suite + Main bathroom - design opinions/feedback please

joanod

Hi Guys

Could i get opinions please on the following:

A four bed house with master ensuite + jack & Jill + main bathroom (servicing bedroom 4 only) or else 2 jack and jills servicing two rooms each one of which is the master and can be as fancy as you like.

Its important to say there is a WC downstairs to service guests.

Has any one got experience of this?

Thanking you.

J

Joan,

I am about to start a 4 bed build too and I have a Master Bedroom Ensuite, a Jack&Gill for Bedrooms 2 & 3 (kids bedrooms) and the main bathroom upstairs to service bedroom 4 (guest bedroom - also upstairs).
I also have a WC and shower downstairs which I think is important too.

Personally i would not have 2 Jack&Gills as it is too much sharing. I want my own bathroom (master ensuite).

J.

Thanks for that, its hard to imagine at the moment as there will only be 2 living in the house Id imagine for quite a while. Also nowadays main bathrooms tend to be very fancy corner bath etc I thought maybe if this was incorperated into the master ensuite it might be used more???

I have a friend who has a very fancy main bathroom what they now say is a show bathroom! but its never used because it not as hand as the tiny ensuite in their room, I thought if this fancy bathroom was the en suite then it would be used a lot more?

Thanks a million for your repely its most helpfull.

Thanks J

Joan,

I have a large ensuite bathroom in the master ensuite, a large enough Jack& Gill and a medium sized main bathroom. Most of the effort will be put into the ensuite and Jack & Gill as these will be used the most.
As you said, main bathroom will probably be used the least amount.

J.

Wold you consider making your ensuite into a big bathroom type with bath, shower, twin sinks etc what ever is your preference. A jack and jill for bedrooms 2 and 3 and an ensuite for bedroom 4. Therefore no main bathroom but you as the king and queen of the house have your own.

Only problem I see there is what does bedroom 4 occupant do for a shower in the morning ??

J.

I would definitely make your ensuite a nice big room. We don't have twin sinks or anything, but we did invest in an eight jet, two person bath in ours and i absolutely adore this room. It makes me smile just to walk in there.

If you're only at the planning stage now, i'd do it. :)

Only problem I see there is what does bedroom 4 occupant do for a shower in the morning ??
Jilly D if you read my post again you will see there is an ensuite in bedroom 4, now I assume all ensuites have showers otherwise what will bedroom 2 and 3 do for one?

Hello everybody Thank you all for the replies.

We would hope if we go ahead with the 2 Jack&Jills to have the master ensuite to enclude a bath (with jets etc as is quite common now) it may also have a shower - we'll see about the double sinks but it will be a sizy room none the less as well as that we would hope to have a dressing room at the entrance to the master ensuite. The master ensuite would also service bedroom 4 which because of the changes in the master would be a smaller bedroom allowing for the dressing room in the master.

Alternatively all the bedrooms would be similar in size and the main bathroom would have the bath in it and there would be no dressing room for the King and Queen.

I have never seen this done before I have only ever seen the standard 4 bedrooms in the four corners and the ensuite & main loo. But Im thinking with this idea we will have 2 loos and everybody will have an ensuite, and we only have to buy 2 sanitary sets .

All opinions and ideas are greatly appreciated, thanks again.

J

Back