JA in the break of academic year.

VioletWex

Hi.
I just finished my academic year, but I intend to get back to school in September, for Level 6.
My question is : I want to apply for JSA in the Summer, but I dont know if I am entitled.
Before I went to school I get only 24 euro per week, because my husband works on full time.
I'm not sure if I get anything now, because my husband changed shift, and he works on night shift at the moment, so he got a raise 25 euro per week, so if they will calculate his means I propably won't get anything from SW.
Any way, If I won't have any money from SW, will I still be entitled for BTEA on Semptember 2012 when I will go back to school??
What documents do I have to bring to SW to apply for JSA??

You can apply for JA if you have not been able to find work for the summer, and it will be means-tested on your husband's income. The fact that he got a small raise may not mean you lose everything so it's always worth applying. You should bring some of your husband's payslips to assist with the means test. As you were on JA before going to college, the local office should have all of your other information.

If you are continuing your course, then your BTEA will be reinstated even if you don't qualify for anything during the summer (see section 3.3 of the operational guidelines, link below).

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/OperationalGuidelines/Pages/bte_all.aspx#4

You should have received information from your local office over the past month regarding your BTEA entitlements.

thanks a mil gipimann :)

Maybe u could answer to one more question ;)
I finished Business Studies Course Level 5 and I intend to go on Level 6, but I'm also thinking about Beauty Therapist.
I saw on the fas' webside that they have Beauty Therapist Course at the moment but this course is Level 6, and now I dont know if I am entitled to go to this course.
Do I have to finished Level 5 Beauty Therapist to qualify on Level 6??

Violetwex,

I don't know any details of courses themselves, you would need to ask the college concerned. You should check that Beauty Therapy is an approved course for BTEA if that's the route you intend to go.

Back