ITV channels on Sky

bazermc

Hi there.....

I know the ITV channels 1,2,3 and 4 are available as other channels on the sky menu.

Does anybody know why they arent available as regular channels? Also is there way to record them on sky plus. I have a DVD recorder so was thinking of hooking that up and putting on the ITV channel and letting it record. However, I then need to make sure the correct channel is on.

Any thoughts on a way around this?

I believe it has something to do with Irish stations RTE, TV3 who carry some of the ITV program range. You can of course add these channels and others through the Add Channels and Other Channels menu. There are posts on boards.ie about that. So they won't be in the menu in the foreseeable future. It's a pity.
I think the way to be automatic is to have a UK SUB or FreeSAT HD box.
Maybe there is another workaround but I can't see it other than doing it manually such as you are suggesting with the DVD-R/W.

Beg borrow or steal a uk sky card and follow these instructions [broken link removed]. It works a treat.
Not as easy now. Sky have just released a new EPG which makes it more difficult but not impossible to get the UK channels.

Back