Its officially winter - the fog light brigade are out

I, for one who is regularly dazzled by unnecessary front fogs lights, am going to to lobby those in a position to enforce or bring about enforcement of existing laws

Power to the people, I must find this stretch of road where all of the dazzling lights are produced by just those with front spot lights. I think the against arguments are getting a little lame and overly picky.

I think the against arguments are getting a little lame and overly picky.

Since un-necessary use of foglights is prohibited under the Road Trafic Act, it doesn't really matter how lame or picky some people's arguments are.
Guess it's the same as mobile phone use whilst driving - it suits me to ignore the law, so I will.

... I must find this stretch of road where all of the dazzling lights are produced by just those with front spot lights....

I'm not suggesting that all dazzling is caused by front fog lights. What is apparent is that some dazzling is caused by inconsiderate motorists who use fog lights when they are not necessary. Such behaviour would seem to be contrary to legistation governing road traffic i.e. illegal. Let us not try to justify illegal behaviour on the grounds that "it wasn't only me sir".

I don't think this 'debate' has any more legs really, some of us believe there is a difference between spots and fog lights, some believe fog lights are a blight on the road and the rest of us don't care.

I don't think this 'debate' has any more legs really, some of us believe there is a difference between spots and fog lights, some believe fog lights are a blight on the road and the rest of us don't care.

It's illegal to drive in non foggy conditions with your fog lights on. Its also inconsiderate and asinine. :mad:

[It's illegal to drive in non foggy conditions with your fog lights on. Its also inconsiderate and asinine.
/QUOTE]

Are you adding something new to the debate aprt from the word asinine?

I agree, jolly good word.

I used to gripe about front fog lights as well, untill I realised that they did not in fact dazzle me at all (since the beam is splayed downwards and does not shine far forwards). I just liked griping (note to self - another new years resolution on the list )

What does dazzle me is the use of rear fog lights, especially on cars that have two of them. If I am driving behind one, I find it hard to see their brake lights.

Another thing I have seen more frequently, is a few cars with 21w bulbs in thier back lights (rather than the correct lower wattage ones). It looks like they have their brake lights on all the time. Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed this?

Fog light brigade is an anagram for Bad Hitler Fog Gig.
It is also an anagram for A Gerbil Dogfight.
Ponder that one.
And peace will follow.

Back