It doesn't get worse than this . . .

Could be worse, he could have been arrested under the "public meetings" acts for holding a raleigh without permission.

Sadly, it's true. (He must've moved to Scotland from elsewhere, surely!:p )

I remember this doing the rounds at the time of his original hearing, and recall Clubman rightly defending the misguided fellow by saying "at least he was wearing [broken link removed]"

:D

In fairness now.............;)

maybe he just misunderstood when, having asked his girlfriend to .....help him out..... she replied in typical Scots fashion " on yer bike, pal"

This reminded me of Flann O'Brien's "The Third Policeman"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Third_Policeman

"The gross and net result of it is that people who spend most of their natural lives riding iron bicycles over the rocky roadsteads of this parish get their personalities mixed up with the personalities of their bicycle as a result of the interchanging of the atoms of each of them and you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles."

Life imitating Art!

Apparently this bloke was a well read & clever individual ..... could be classed as an Encyclopaedia

Last edited:
In fairness now ;)

maybe he just didn't know it was illegal to ride your bike in a hotel room.

All joking aside, how can he be done for this? In a locked room with his bike. Yes, its odd alright but who knows what people get up to behind closed doors. I don't understand exactly why he's in trouble.
Good story though!!

All joking aside, how can he be done for this? In a locked room with his bike. Yes, its odd alright but who knows what people get up to behind closed doors. I don't understand exactly why he's in trouble.
Good story though!!

Apparently, when the cleaners came in, he...didn't stop.

Should've checked his brakes.

Is this one of those chain mails that get pumped up now and again?

:eek:

Im nearly sorry I spoke now.

Back