islandbridge vs smithfield

N

noahs

I have found few opinions about Smithfield location and I was passing few times there during day, will have to check it during the night but could anyone tell me about Islandbridge D8 as I havent find anything about this location and I wondering which would be better to move in.

thx

Search for ballyfermot and inchicore for ideas what Islandbridge is like. Islandbridge is a small area in between both.

weel I would't agree to it, as it seem to be end of inichore and well hard to say from ads its in the corner of SCR and conyngham rd (looking at the Bellevue Apt unless they point to wrong location)

Search for ballyfermot and inchicore for ideas what Islandbridge is like. Islandbridge is a small area in between both.

no its not.....its basically the area at the end of the SCR down to conyngham road...nice area, beside phoenix park which is a m,ajor plus - only thing is that there is nothing really in islandbridge, not even a shop! - decent pubs in parkgate st about ten mins away (walk)....its a nice area but lack of stuff around it would swing me towards smithfield

It does stretch up towards Sarsfield Rd as well doesn't it which is beside Ballyfermot and Inchicore? That was the area I was thinking of.

Islandbridge is nowhere near in between Inchicore and Ballyfermot, and its a good bit away from Sarsfield road too. Islandbridge starts at the junction of Con Colbert Road/St Johns Road and South Circular Road, and down to Chapelizod Road/Conyngham Road, it then runs towards Chapelizod and down towards Dublin Bus garage.

There are no shops in the area at all, no pubs apart from Parkgate street or head down to Chapelizod where there are some nice pubs. There are good transport links with most Lucan/Maynooth buses heading down Conyngham Road into the city and its a short walk away from Hueston Station. The Phoenix park is on your doorstep with an entrance for walkers only and so are the National War Memorial gardens as well as having Kilmainham up the other end of the SCR.

There are no shops in the area at all, no pubs apart from Parkgate street or head down to Chapelizod where there are some nice pubs. The Phoenix park is on your doorstep with an entrance for walkers only and so are the National War Memorial gardens as well as having Kilmainham up the other end of the SCR.

sounds like idyllic place, will check it out today

I have talked with a person from my work about smithfild(lived there for a while) and he told me that this is better place to live then it looks

To be honest IslandBridge would be my preference due to the proximity and view of the park. You are also well served by busses and the luas too - or you can walk into town.
As for being a rough are, I would not imagine it is. In that there are no pubs/clubs in the area...

P..:)

IslandBridge is grand, very quiet - sure there's nothing there to make noise! Would you consider Chapelizod instead, half mile further on same bus routes but has shops/pubs

Oh yeah chapelizod + 1. same bus links. Shops pubs and the Phoenix park. Lovely place

I don't know Smithfield very well - only to walk / drive through. My impression is that it's very built up and has little or no green space. Islandbridge on the other hand is less built up and as has been previously pointed out is right beside the Phoenix Park. IMO neither area is rough.

I know Islandbridge quite well, as I pass live nearby and run round there alot. As previous posters say, there are no shops / bars or restaurants there. Smithfield obviously has lots of these.
However, Islandbridge is right beside the river and the Phoenix Park and has great transport links to the city centre.

Which you choose will really depend on how near you want to be to town. If thats important go for Smithfield. If access to open spaces is a factor, you should look at Islandbridge.
Personally, I'd go for Islandbridge.

IMO neither area is rough.
Smithfield is rough, dare to walk alone after dark and you will see it. I have lived opposite to it for roughly 5 years now there is drugs problem there, think island bridge is far better from the looks.
It has great gym though and facilities but you can always see trouble makers hanging out everywhere.

Other half has an apartment in Bellevue, Islandbridge and if we could afford to buy another one together there we would! We LOVE it down there.

Near the park, the river and town is only a 10 minute cycle away. We do no own cars and are into running etc. so this place is ideal for us. There are no shops\pubs very near but that does not bother us at all. The Hilton is not far away at all and that can be nice for a quiet drink.

Hope this helps,
M

Back