Is this the biggest mark-up ever?!

HMC

About 4 years ago, I bought 3 syringes of tooth whitener from my dentist in Cork for EUR300. At the time I took a very sharp intake of breath at the price but figured to get a professional strength product, I would be obliged to buy from a dentist.

How wrong I was!

My sister found the same product on a U.S. website last week for about USD55 for 6 syringes but they don't deliver outside US.

I eventually bought 6 syringes on a UK website a couple of days ago for GBP42.63, including postage.

What a mug I was.

About 4 years ago, I bought 3 syringes of tooth whitener from my dentist in Cork for EUR300. At the time I took a very sharp intake of breath at the price but figured to get a professional strength product, I would be obliged to buy from a dentist.

How wrong I was!

My sister found the same product on a U.S. website last week for about USD55 for 6 syringes but they don't deliver outside US.

I eventually bought 6 syringes on a UK website a couple of days ago for GBP42.63, including postage.

What a mug I was.

At least you know what you're using is okay for your teeth because you have tried it before and had no problems.

Would be a lot worse if you chanced a product that didn't suit you.

Becky your point might be true about getting a professional recommendation for the product, but that doesn't justify the dentist charging that much more for them.

OP, did the e300 include a professional assessment?

How wrong I was!

What a mug I was.

Stating the obvious, but it was 4 years ago. Is it still the same price here?

Back