Is this phone 'unlocked'

wanagetahome

I am on bill pay through V. and have been for over a year now, however recently my phone got badly damaged and stopped working, I was given a perfectly nice working phone from a friend to keep, however a few weeks later was told to get a phone through my V. Insurance to replace the one that had broken. I recieved it yesterday, I've kept it in the pack now in the hopes to sell it. Would this be open to All networks or just V? It's bill pay, the box is still wrapped in plastic? It retails on the V site for just under 400euro and as I'm out of work, I'd be happy to sell it for 300 to pay a few bills. I would appreciate any help. Can I advertise this as an 'unblocked' phone or a V. Phone? Thank you

Normally with any new phone there is a sticker on the side with the make/model and network if its network restricted.... if there is no network on the sticker then you could take it as not locked, if there is a network such as vodafone its going to be locked.

However depending on the make you can get them unlocked really easily and then sell it, just say opened to unlocked and never used.

Thanks a mill for your reply. There is a sticker on the side of the box behind the plastic, with model, pack and IMEI number, but there is absolutely no mention of Vodafone. the pack date is 13/8/2009? I just don't want to sell it to someone falsely. thanks

Chances are its not locked to a network, but to be 100% sure you would have to try it.

You could sell it on the basis that it should be unlocked and get your buyer to agree to you testing before hand or if you do a handover in person and test on the spot.

Back