Is this pension a Best Buy?

gbh2930

Sorry for the lack of direct URLs but I'm not allowed to post URLs to other sites until I have made 15 posts.

My logic is that I am only interested in funds showing the best performance over 10 years or more (as an indication of who has best systems in place)

Going by the 10 year performance history available in this Managed Fund Return Calculator here
rubiconic.ie > Tools

and similar stats on the pension funds performance section of finfacts.ie/fincentre/irishpenfunds.htm
(finfacts.com > Site guide > Pensions > Funds Performance)

Zurich Life seems to be the best consistent performer in the market?

And then I found this special offer offering to only pay at most 2% entry charge instead of the usual PRSA charge of 5%
myadviser.ie/Special_Offer_PRSA.htm

Does this make this offer a best buy? What do you think? Can this be bettered?

Is there anywhere else offering similar discounts?

Zurich Life do have a good track record, although past performance is not a guide to future returns.

You can get better deals on PRSA charges from a few sources: - [broken link removed] or [broken link removed] or

These are all execution-only services, i.e. you do not get any advice on the choice of provider, choice of funds, level of contribution etc.

Remember that PRSAs aren't the only form of pension product. Personal Pensions or Occupational Pension Schemes might be more suitable. Only use an execution-only service if you know what you're doing.

Back