is this cordless grass trimmer good?

ShadyBrady

[broken link removed]

Any opinion on the above. Says it will work for 50 mins on a one hours charge. Is that good?

Really depends on what you are using it on. If its a small urban garden and its only for edging & inaccessible mower areas it will prob do the job. But they are not for any heavy duty work at all. I have a Bosch one and its fine for the type of light works as described above. Mind you, battery on Bosch would be better than the Lidle one.

Secman

thanks for reply
Really depends on what you are using it on. If its a small urban garden and its only for edging & inaccessible mower areas it will prob do the job. But they are not for any heavy duty work at all. I have a Bosch one and its fine for the type of light works as described above. Mind you, battery on Bosch would be better than the Lidle one.

Secman
yes it is for edging. How long does your battery work for and how long a charge?. Was it expensive, this is 50 euro

Think I paid about €62 for the Bosch one, I use it for edging on a large garden, well over 1/2 acre site. Usually have to recharge it, to get the job finished, it is more suited to a small garden, I have a petrol strimmer too but its heavy, cumbersome and can run amok !

Secman

Thanks. I had a look online last night. None of them seem to last more than an hour. One had a 3 hour charge for a 17 minute of work. Same with cordless hedge trimmers, someone i know wants one, very short work time. Suppose a fifty minute work life would do me though cos it is only edging small garden

I'd still go for a corded one. I never yet came across a cordless appliance with a motor (drills, etc.) that achieved anything like the stated battery life. €50 will get you a decent strimmer in any of the garden stores at the moment. How much hassle is it to plug the thing in with an appropriate extension lead?

I got a Ryobi strimmer last week.
I think it's great because I can use my existing Ryobi rechargable batteries.

Corded strimmers and hedge trimmers etc, are a nuisance. Unwinding wires, plugging them in being careful not to cut them, putting it all away again. For me, it just added too much time and hassle to the job.

I'd still go for a corded one. I never yet came across a cordless appliance with a motor (drills, etc.) that achieved anything like the stated battery life. €50 will get you a decent strimmer in any of the garden stores at the moment. How much hassle is it to plug the thing in with an appropriate extension lead?

+1, we bought a Black & Decker corded from B&Q for about 30EUr in a sale,its lightweight and would do the job.

Cheers as well from me, I was looking at this one too but ended up going for a Bosch corded one from B&Q for €44.

Back