Is this a decent quote?

fkells

I just got a quote to replace my old gas boiler and replace it with a combi boiler and to remove the old immersion tank. The quote also includes 2 heat controls fitted in the house.

Vailliant Combi Boiler & 2 Heat Control = 2700

BER Cert = 200

Total cost: 2900

I will an SEI grant for 700 for the boiler and heat controls and 100 for the BER Cert.

So total cost to me is 2100.

Is this decent or should i shop around?

i dont think that is a bad quote. Valliant is a top of the range boiler. the fact that it is a combi you will start to see the savings immediately. your piework will have to be changed. On a different note you should always shop around.

Opps got my boiler models mixed up.
The quote is for a Veissmann boiler and not a Vaillant.

That's a fair quote, you could get cheaper but Veissman is also a good boiler and cheaper is not always better.

Thanks for the feedback!!
I do think i will go for it.
Its true I will reap the energy savings straight away and the luxury of having instant hot water.

Thanks again

Very competitive price. How does your installer plan to clean the system?, a warranty condition on new boiler.

Combi boilers are great aslong as you have great pressure and good flow rates. Ensure you installer measures these correctly, I.E pressure test on the line when it is operating, multiple taps open.

Davey Jones is right as usual. Combi boilers are great but you do need good, consistent water pressure

also, is he a 'viesmann trained' installer, hope so, cos if he is he should be able to offer you a 5 year appliance warranty (only 3 years if not)...very good boiler though

Why are combination boilers not popular in Ireland?

Hi
In need of some expert advice - We have a Baxi gas boiler which heats the water via a coil and thus takes a while to provide hot water. We only use hot water for sinks so it is low usage, and this seems like a lot of wasted energy so looking into replacing it. We have had a couple of engineers in and both tell us that because of low water pressure in Limerick then a combi is not possible. Now we're no experts but the water pressure in our home is faultless, the water is also very hard so are wondering whether this might just be the easy answer?. We would like to know if it is worth pursuing a combi further or do we have to stick with this?
Thanks
BBM

I plan to get a combi boiler myself in the next few weeks. I'm in Dublin 7 and our pressure is not great. I've been told that I can pump my attic tank water to the boiler?

I will be getting refs (of people who have had this done recently) and hopefully I'm going to call around to a few to see it in action. Heating and storing water that you may not use just seems madness in this day and age. Combi on paper makes sense...

I'd be interested in the OPs experience to date or has anyone else out there got a a combi?

That would work and does work quite well, Pumping stored water from a break tank into combi. Just be sure the pump is correctly sized for operating pressure of boiler.

Back