Is there such a thing as Spider repellent?

You might try...Doff Flying & Crawling Insect Killer...I purchased at Atlantic and spray around windows & doors and it does help as it leaves a residue that helps to kill the spider as it walks over. That doesn't help the ones that come up the drains though. Then I resort to a good smash or if they can't be reached then the tried & true to spray them with carburaetor cleaner. I know I will get lots of comments about that but it does kill them instantly, it's just a small spray, and it completely dries so you see nothing. As I came from the N CA central valley where we had lots of Black Widows they needed to be killed unless you wanted to be bitten as I once was and this is what does the trick. I hate the little buggers no matter what job they perform they need to do it outside and not in my house if they wish to live

Try a small dash of 3 in 1 Oil or WD40 around the window edges and they will keep out. I use it on CCTV Cameras and it stops them blocking the vision.

Just came accross this thread and i have to say, Spiders freak me out. Totally irrational fear. Its not like they are going to strangle you in the middle of the night.

The worst experience i had was sitting in watching TV one evening. Out of the corner of my eye I could see this movement on the left wall. When i turned and looked, and i am not exaggerating, a spider the size of my had was creeping its way along the wall towards me.

With one leap i was over the coffee table. Its amazing how far you can jump in one leap with enough fear.

Is it just me or are spiders getting bigger and bigger by the year? Is is the climate? Is Ireland becoming more and more humid? I remember when i was a kid a 'big' spider compared to todays was nothing.

Can't stand the things. I was saying in a hotel in Co.Mayo and I counted 26 of them hanging from the roof in the bedroom. I am sorry to say that I disposed of every one of them before I went to bed. During the night, unable to sleep I was coming back from the toilet and I noticed the mother of all spiders running across the room. I cannot understand why the hotel owners didn't dispose of them when cleaning the room as they were very obvious. The hotel overlooked a lake so the spiders had taken up residence to gorge on all the flies that were there.

Should have seen the size of the thing we encountered in S. Arabia, the body alone was literally 3 inches long. We kept away from them, but the spiders at home are harmless. As a previous post says I hate earwigs which are also harmless, the difference is, the spider runs way and the earwigs just hided.

We moved into our house in Aug '08, so spiders watered coming in after the harvest as they do...... House is on a farm so these were Monsters - girl in the local hardware shop told me that she never had one since she got one of those sonic plug-in thingies for mice so I tried it (got one for each floor) and I have to say, since that we have not had amy of the big monsters, just the very odd small one, but before that we could have had three big ones in one day, so def worth a try I thnk.

Point to note is that I dong think sonic thingie has had same effect on mice - we've still had a couple !

Back