is there slowdown in dublin property prices??

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jim76

i have roughly 300 k to buy a property. i am looking in dublin area as this is where i work and want to live. i am waiting and hoping that house prices will decrease a small bit so i can afford a two bedroomed house somewhere! any views on this welcome!!

You're in luck!
Have a look at the threas Current public sentiment to property. The last few pages show how much prices of houses have declined.

thanks very much i must look at that now..i believe they are still very high and are just beginning to slow just a small bit

You're in luck!
Have a look at the threas Current public sentiment to property. The last few pages show how much prices of houses have declined.

I dont think there is any evidence of prices actually going down, they are just not going up. However in my opinion the next 3 months would be a good time to get a bargain for several reasons:

A. SSIA, majority will mature next year and over the following months. There are many people waiting for this to buy and the next few months will be quieter for this reason as buyers wait.

B. Fear in vedors whose place has been up for a while and has not sold as quickly as next doors did 6 months ago. These people may take an offer over the next while out of fear of not getting another for a while/at all.

C.Stamp duty and The Budget uncertainties, many people buying 2nd hand or to invest may hang on for confimartion that there will or not be any affecting changes. Imagine dropping 20k in Stamp in Nov to see your "would have" been liabiltiy drop after the budget.

D. A place on the market for a few months a vendor would love to have it out of the way for christamas psychologically or if they are carrying 2 mortagages and watching the almost monthly interest rate increases.

I dont think there is any evidence of prices actually going down, they are just not going up.

I and others would beg to differ. May be worth reading the 'current sentiment' thread for actual house prices decreases.

I dont think there is any evidence of prices actually going down, they are just not going up. However in my opinion the next 3 months would be a good time to get a bargain for several reasons:

A. SSIA, majority will mature next year and over the following months. There are many people waiting for this to buy and the next few months will be quieter for this reason as buyers wait.

This has been touted so long by the vested interests that this has practically become fact.The advent of 100% mortgages did away with the need to wait for the ssia to mature,why do you think house prices rocketed in Q1 2006,everyone thinking they were being smart getting in "before the ssia".In the final shakedown,IMHO time will show that people who purchased in April/May 2006 bought at the top of the cycle.

This topic is discussed at length in the thread linked to above. There is no need for another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back