Is there no monthly subscription cost for Sky+?

Joe Nonety

I always thought that Sky+ was €15 a month unless you were subscribed to a certain number of premium packages a month, but going by [broken link removed] it seems I was wrong.
Can anyone verify?

I've been a sky+ subscriber for 12 months now, and there is no additional charge for the service any more. I don't have any premium channels, just 2 of the regular "mix" packages, costing €22 per month at the moment.

No it's just a once off payment of 149euro - although I see it advertised now for 49euro - well worth it.

Last edited:
Gipiman, I pay €30 per month for the basic Sky. Do you just pay €22 per package or [!!] €22 overall?
Sky+ sounds very interesting. Must investigate.

Last edited:
I have 2 mixes - entertainment and knowledge - and pay €22 per month for those. It's due to increase to €23 from September.

Isn't the Sky+ €49 offer for new customers only ? Existing customers pay €149 ?

As already posted in a different thread, I have arranged to get a free Sky+ box just by asking for one. I would be a new Sky customer - worth asking if you're in the same boat.

Dont forget about the €50 installation charge on top of €149 for the Sky+ box!
I was on to them today to arrange Sky+ as an existing customer, and yes, the €49 offer is only for new customers!
Went ahead with it anyway - there's no extra charge per month. It's €15 extra per month for Sky HD.

So it's €199 for Sky plus for existing customers...that leaflet I got in the door was misleading, but we were going to get it anyway, so what can you do?
Hope its worth it for himself to record hours of football!

Back