Is there any way to find out how much houses on the same street sold for?

C

curlygirlie

Hi, there is a website in the uk www.houseprices.co.uk that lets you search the area you're looking to buy in and tells you the exact amount that houses sold for in the past there.

Is there a similar site for Irish houses?

thanks

What you could do - is when a house goes sale agreed ring the EA and say you are interested in buying on the particular road and how much did the house go for??

Ring the EA in question, tell them that you are calling from AN Other (Estate Agents) and that you are doing a valuation on property in the area - you are looking for "comps" or comparables of deals done within the past year.
That should get you the required information.

It won't tell you the price and the title may not be land registry anyway.
Surely the title must be either (or both in some cases?) Land Registry or Registry of Deeds and both sets of records are surely publicly accessible?

Would there be any possibility of getting some info in some cases from the relevant stamp duty records (obviously some purchases will be exempt from SD)?

Surely the title must be either (or both in some cases?) Land Registry or Registry of Deeds and both sets of records are surely publicly accessible?

Would there be any possibility of getting some info in some cases from the relevant stamp duty records (obviously some purchases will be exempt from SD)?

If its Land Registry, only the bare details will appear on the folio. There are restrictions on who can access the "Instrument" - i.e. the set of paperwork putting the details on the folio. If its Registry of Deeds, you can get a copy Memorial - but again only the bare details will appear.

I doubt it. I don't think Revenue would disclose information about individual cases.

mf

As far as I know information on actual sales price of properties is easy to get if you live in UK, US , Canada, Australia etc.

In Ireland, not only is price information not directly available, it has also been placed beyond the reach of the Freedom of Information Act.

Prospective purchasers in Ireland have no reliable way to get such basic information as recent price paid on good comparables in the area/estate they are interested in.

Of course, lack of information is an important factor in the http://www.amazon.com/How-Cheat-Everything-Esoteric-Cheating/dp/1560259736 (standard operating manual)for the Irish property market ;)

The Valuers Bible has advertised prices. It was free access in the early days, but you can always chance your arm and pretend to be an estate agent : [broken link removed]

When I was buying my house and saw something go sale agreed out of interest I rang the agent and asked how much it went for, sometimes they told me, sometimes they didn't, no harm in asking eh. Its true what Camry says though, I had no way of knowing if the EA was embellishing the details!

Back