Health Insurance Is there any hassle getting claims paid with Laya

cronley

I have been with VHI a long time. Anytime I had treatment - I found they always paid the claim with no hassle. I am thinking of switching to Laya. What is the experience of Laya members in getting claims paid - is there any hassle or quibbles. I just have a fear, in case they might have a culture of causing difficulties in paying claims.

Hi Cronley

That is very vague. Can you give some actual cases you have heard of rather than a vague rumour. Do you have a link to a story from someone?

I have never claimed from a health insurance company myself. On the few occasions I needed it, the hospital claimed directly.

Brendan

I've had no issues with LAYA MRIs and also annual day-day expenses getting paid.

I have been with VHI a long time. Anytime I had treatment - I found they always paid the claim with no hassle. I am thinking of switching to Laya. What is the experience of Laya members in getting claims paid - is there any hassle or quibbles. I just have a fear, in case they might have a culture of causing difficulties in paying claims.

I changed to Laya 3 years ago, not without thinking that they might not be as good as VHI who we had cover with
since 1970.
I need not have worried, we have had a few claims and no problems. The one big advantage for us was
the outpatient scheme. Year after year I failed to get any refunds from VHI for various reasons.
I now have great cover with LAYA and on the plan which I have, I get 70% of most of my expenses.
With VHI I was allowed something like €40 for a consultants fee now I get 70%. €40 is very small
for a €200 fee!!

Have every confidence, they are very nice to deal with too.
Browtal

Year after year I failed to get any refunds from VHI for various reasons.

Hi browtal

Can you expand on the "various reasons"? I assume it's because they were not covered by your policy?

Or did you have a dispute with them about the cover? If so, did you take it to the FSO?

For other potential buyers of insurance, it's critical that they don't get a vague impression that some insurers try to avoid claims using small print.

Brendan

Back