Is there a problem with ptsb payments recently?

gailey

My wages were always paid on a tuesday evening and the last 6 weeks they are in later and later- it is now 3.00 on wednesday and still not in. I rang open 24 with ptsb and asked was there a delay or a problem and was told that he had no other complaints today. Direct debits are taken out on wrong dates and my husbands wages is also delayed the last few weeks. There is a problem but they are denying it and keeping it quiet. Bad customer service from ptsb. I was also fobbed off and told there is a european bank holiday this week effecting payments- If this keeps up Im changing banks

This sounds like it is SEPA related even though I don't know why PTSB can't just tell you that.

Hello,

Very interesting this, as both I and a friend of mine have had similar experiences with PTSB (having recently moved from Danske Bank, where there was never an issue with tranfers coming in on time, they always went through overnight soon after the particular due date had begun).

PTSB ultimately blamed SEPA for the delay in salaries (from two large, different employers in the case of myself and my friend) not being received until very late on the day they were due in... while colleagues in both of our employers organisations with various other banks, received their salaries first thing the morning they were due without difficulty. On this basis, I cannot help but suspect this is an issue at PTSB's end and not a general SEPA issue.

This sounds like it is SEPA related even though I don't know why PTSB can't just tell you that.

From the timeframe its almost certainly SEPA. Its probably your employers processes not being updated to consider shortened timeframes rather than your bank. AFAIK the cutoff times are now earlier than with the old system, if your employer are just doing what they always did (and my experience tells me they tend to refuse to change) there's a good chance they are going in beyond the SEPA cutoff time.

Last edited:
Back