Is there a backlog of 13 weeks to get a tenancy registered?

clonboy

can anyone believe there is a backlog of 13 weeks to get a tenancy registered at the moment

This is another joke of a Quango that we can do without.

One has to pay 70€ to register with them via a snail mail form (for that amount of money they could have created an online form) for the pleasure of having once property being published in an excel file for everyone to see. Sure once name is not in the public register but it’s easy to find out if someone owns or rent.

This is nothing else than starting to build a national resident database via the backdoor, as with this they already know where anybody who rents lives and have all data about landlords including their private address.

Now all that is needed to build a national database is to force people who live in their own property to register, merge with data from the electoral role and voila a full register is there.

i sent registration off in early december, cheque was cashed on 31 march, no paperwork arrived yet. i'll give them another month before i ring.

This is another joke of a Quango that we can do without.

One has to pay 70€ to register with them via a snail mail form (for that amount of money they could have created an online form) for the pleasure of having once property being published in an excel file for everyone to see. Sure once name is not in the public register but it’s easy to find out if someone owns or rent.

This is nothing else than starting to build a national resident database via the backdoor, as with this they already know where anybody who rents lives and have all data about landlords including their private address.

Now all that is needed to build a national database is to force people who live in their own property to register, merge with data from the electoral role and voila a full register is there.

I don't think they could merge the data for quite some time...
Did you ever have a look at the data in the published register as available on their site? Now that IS some joke!
Take, for instance:
xx Landis Court, Balbrigan or is that xx Landys Court, Balbriggan?
There is a 2 bedroomed Apt, 3 bed spaces, 100sqM and a 3 bedroomed, 3 bed spaces 850sqM. Some jump in size between the 2 and 3 bedroomed!
Or how about Prince Edward Tce, Upper Cavelsfort Ave, Blacknock, Co Dublin.
Or the house/apt in Dun Laoghaire with 'number of bedrooms' 20 but only 4 bed spaces.
Or the 1 bedroomed Apt in Lucan with a floor area of 9058sq M. :eek:
Or the 3 bedroomed terraced house in Balbriggan with floor area of 7635 sqM. Some terrace :eek:.
Or all those places with similar sounding names:
Dun Laighaire
Dun Laiire
Dun Laoghaire
Dun Laoghaaire
Dun Laoghaier
Dun Laoghaire
Dun Laoghaore
Dun Laogharie
Dun Laogharire
Dun Laoghire
Dun Laoighaire
Dun Laoighare
Dun Laoighre
Dun Laoire
Dun Laoshaire
Dun Laughaire
Dun Loaghaire
Dun Loghaire
or
Bakbriggan
Balbeiggan
Balbiggan
Balbriegan
Balbrigan
Balbrigga
Balbriggan
Balbriggean
Balbriggin
Balbriggqan
Balbrigoan

And that's just a quick scan through 1 of 47 Exel(sic) files available!
I hope the 'Publish(sic) Register' is not an extract of the full register but if it is, it will mean a lot 'more to do' before it could be used in any meaningfull way!

I registered a property from 1st. September and have not heard anything from them. I rang and they said there is a backlog. It says on their website that if you have registered by PAPER to email or ring them but the only answer you get is that there is a backlog.

Has anybody update on this?

You can now apply onlie.....but be warned, their FAQ don;t have a clear outline of how to register.....it is all tied into other questions.

The FAQ's are a joke, they are cut & pasted from different places, so the type font & size is not always consistant.

I haven't got as far as trying to register a new tenancy, but at least you know it's done immediately.

Also, they are so inefficent they can't recognise when a place gets a new tenancy - we had a place registered 4 years ago - they sent a letter to say it is coming to a end & must be reregistered.....it was back in Sept 2009.

You don't get any paperwork back. I have registered twice over the past few years, and have never got anything. I only know I'm registered because I'm on the excel spreadsheet and of course the cheque was cashed!

You do get paperwork back. The landlord and the tenant receive a letter saying the tenancy has been registered and please note the reference number in case of dispute or whatever.

I have always received this letter, albeit with a bit of delay and sometimes with a huge delay.

I sent off paperwork for re-registration in the middle of October and hasn't heard anything back yet. No surprised though, as previously it took months for the cheque to be cashed and then some more months to get the paperwork from them:)

This time I didn't actually attach a cheque, filling a credit card payment section instead, as they finally started allowing to pay by credit card. Now I'll have to wait and see when they take the payment, then - a few months later - will hopefully get the new registration letter as well:)

Back