Is my finger nail ok?

Kelb28

I fell and my nail was pulled back - it was the most painfull thing especially since i have gel nails :eek: Anyway it happened afew weeks back but it does not look like the nail is growing - it also looks kinda red below the gel. is it ok or should i go to see a doctor?

I fell and my nail was pulled back - it was the most painfull thing especially since i have gel nails :eek: Anyway it happened afew weeks back but it does not look like the nail is growing - it also looks kinda red below the gel. is it ok or should i go to see a doctor?

Did you have the gel nail removed as soon as it happened?:eek: If it's still red I'd go to a doctor just in case the nail bed is damaged.

No i didn't get it removed cos they can only file it off and i could not go through the pain - she cut it down for me. bit worried now - think i better go doc!!

Hi,

You have what's known as onycholisis. This is nail plate separation from the nail bed. Get your nail tech (she should know this ) to thin it out and shorten it, paint them a dark colour if it is unsightly. It'll be fine in a couple of weeks when it starts to reattach itself. If you have an oil for them to keep them flexible, use it twice as much as you normally would on that nail as it will encourage growth.

HTH

Back